Author Topic: Information Needed  (Read 1504 times)


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 25
Information Needed
« on: March 06, 2012, 08:00:40 PM »
Hello All,
I just signed on a provider and I wanted to get your feedback on what information from the provider would I need. The provider is with another company and he will be switching to our company beginning April 1st. During that transition what kind of information do I need.
Do I contact all payors and inform them of the address change?
Any changes I need to do with Medicare/Medicaid/BC/BS
What do I obtain from the provider?

Thank you,



  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4949
    • Solutions Medical Billing
Re: Information Needed
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 06:36:45 AM »
Medicare should be notified of the billing service change using the appropriate CMS form.  Medicaid depends on the state you are in.  The provider's address is not actually changing correct?  Just who is doing the billing.  You will need to do EDI paperwork to get set up to submit thru whatever clearinghouse you will be using as well.  You will need the providers legal business name, EIN/Tax ID, Group and/or individual NPI, PTAN and another other legacy numbers, and address(es).  Also name(s) of rendering providers in group.
Sign Up for our FREE Medical Billing Newsletter
Get a 10% discount on Medical Billing Products by using Coupon Code: 10OFF