Author Topic: Coding  (Read 819 times)


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 15
« on: February 15, 2017, 11:05:45 AM »
RES mental health / psychiatric care for adolescents- I am using rev code 1001 and H0018

Now, I have some carriers saying wrong rev code. I see 0124 is inpatient. The previous biller was using this code...but they aren't a solid example to follow and I would need to change bill type to hospital ...which it is not.

Anyone know - adolescent. Psychiatric/ mental health RES- is there another code besides 1001 with H0018. Direction. help. -Losing. my. mind. Cigna and BCBS are now kicking it out.


  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4946
    • Solutions Medical Billing
Re: Coding
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 09:07:19 AM »
Are you billing for residential treatment?  If so then is it all inclusive room & board?  If so you would want to use a rev code for room & board.  Type of bill does not have to be hospital for room & board.
Sign Up for our FREE Medical Billing Newsletter
Get a 10% discount on Medical Billing Products by using Coupon Code: 10OFF