Author Topic: Getting in network  (Read 1111 times)


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
Getting in network
« on: October 03, 2010, 03:47:32 PM »
I am an acupuncture physician and I have been successfully billing out of network codes for Physical therapy. But I want to hire a PT in order to bill in network and  medicare. Do I have to get in network with my corporate tax ID or just the other rendering PT's NPI? What if I want to stay out of network for myself but keep an employed PT in network, how do I do that? Thanks.


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 130
    • Professional Medical Billers Association
Re: Getting in network
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 05:09:04 PM »
If you are billing in 33 using your "billing entity" address and NPI and Tax ID, then the "billing entity" must be in-network......if you are billing under the PT's NPI and name in block 33/a, then the check will be made out to the PT's name....and the PT's tax id must go in block 25.....
Michelle Rimmer, CHI, CPMB
President-Professional Medical Billers Association
Owner-ABA Therapy Billing Services
Author, 'Medical Billing 101' and 'Coding Basics: Understanding Medical Collections