Author Topic: NPI  (Read 1418 times)


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
« on: June 03, 2008, 09:57:58 PM »
Hi, need some help.  I work for a small clinic.  The physician's Tax ID and NPI are used for his the clinic and the local hospital that he is hospitalist for.  He is opening a new group of docs as a hospitalist group at a new facility.  But they are all already working there.  We would like the hospitalist group billing to all go under a seperate NPI.  How do we go about this, and will it cause an interruption in the billing process for our physician?  We would also like to credential the clinic doctors as a seperate group, seperate billing. 
Thanks Tiffany

Alice Scott

  • Global Moderator
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 209
    • Solutions Medical Billing
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 11:30:44 AM »
Hi Tiffany,

You just need to set it up as a new group with a separate tax id number.  You can apply for a group NPI # under the new group tax id number.  Even though they are the same group of docs, you need to treat it as a totally separate entity.

Sign Up for our FREE Medical Billing Newsletter
Get a 10% discount on Medical Billing Products by using Coupon Code: 10OFF