Medical Billing Forum

Billing => Billing => Topic started by: Michele on March 12, 2008, 07:09:31 AM

Title: How do I bill out punctal plugs?
Post by: Michele on March 12, 2008, 07:09:31 AM
Question f
i would like to know how to bill out punctal plugs, patient has bcbs of massachusetts.
thank you,
linda w

Hi Linda,
Punctal plugs can be billed using cpt code 68761 for the implantation of the plug and the appropriate number of units depending on the plugs being placed. Also, A4263 could be used for the actual plugs, again indicating the number of plugs used in the unit column. You should also use modifiers E1 E4 to indicate the location the plugs were implanted.
Hope that is helpful.