Medical Billing Forum

Coding => Coding => Topic started by: marciam on June 15, 2009, 01:40:59 PM

Title: radiology
Post by: marciam on June 15, 2009, 01:40:59 PM

I work for a Rheumatologist and my question is... We are going to be billing for ultrasound. My question is, Can I bill for 10022 (w/ imaging guidance) and a 76942 (ultrasonic guidance for intrauterine fetal transfusion etc.etc. and interpretation. If I can bill for both, Do I put a 59 modifier on the 10022?
and can I bill 76880 and 20600 and do they have to be billed a certain way as well if i bill all together?

Title: Re: radiology
Post by: Michele on June 17, 2009, 05:57:53 AM
The information that I found states you can bill the 10022 with the 76942 using the 59 modifier, but I don't have any personal experience with this.

I would also recommend using the 59 modifier on the 20600 when billed with the 76880 as well.  Of course each carrier will have their own guidelines on how they will process them.

Good luck