Medical Billing Forum

Coding => Coding => Topic started by: catooch on October 16, 2008, 11:44:46 AM

Title: Code E0238
Post by: catooch on October 16, 2008, 11:44:46 AM
Dear Michelle,

I'm in a chiro office.   Does E0238 replace the code 97010?  If so do we get paid on it?

Title: Re: Code E0238
Post by: Michele on October 16, 2008, 05:39:26 PM
The E0238 is actually the HCPCS code for a heating pad.  I am not aware of any HCPCS code that replaces the 97010 code.  Most insurances do not allow the 97010 anymore, even ones that used to pay for it. 

I know UHC has a denial that is very misleading that states "This is not a separately reimbursable service or supply. As a reminder; supply codes should be submitted with HCPC codes."

Many people think that it means that they need a HCPCS code for the 97010.