Medical Billing Forum

Billing => Facility Billing => Topic started by: chris on January 18, 2010, 01:15:27 PM

Title: UB04 Forms
Post by: chris on January 18, 2010, 01:15:27 PM
I need to bill Med A for Florida and Alabama.  I think that needs to go on a UB04 form.  Does medicare allow for paper filing for Med A and where can I find the UB 04 forms - are they available in stores or just over the internet.  Are their different UB04 forms for different facilities?  thanks for your help!
Title: Re: UB04 Forms
Post by: Michele on January 19, 2010, 07:48:05 AM
If you are billing Part A it must be on UB04's.  Each carrier has different rules on electronic filing so you will have to check.  UB04's can be bought usually at the same place you can buy CMS1500's.  We also so them in small quantities, since they are in huge quantities over the internet.  We sell 50 or 100.  It is $10 for 50 (plus shipping).