Medical Billing Forum

Starting a Medical Billing Business => Starting Your Own Medical Billing Business => Topic started by: TammyL on August 12, 2011, 10:39:46 AM

Title: Tax ID
Post by: TammyL on August 12, 2011, 10:39:46 AM
Okay I have a Mental Health Practice I bill for in-house and he has a Group NPI which he wants all the dr's to go under the group but all the doc's have they own individual tax id number they bill under with the grp npi in box 32 all do he go about getting a group tax id number to go with the group npi number. He wan't everything as far as checks come under the group name and not in the individual doc's name since they pay a percentage to him he would rather pay them instead of them paying him
Title: Re: Tax ID
Post by: Michele on August 13, 2011, 07:23:36 AM
If he has a group NPI he should already have an EIN number.  You have to put one on the group NPI application.  Then he would just need to notify all insurance carriers that each individual dr is linked to that group EIN & NPI.  They can maintain their own Group NPI & EIN if they want to do any private work but anything for this group can be billed under the group EIN/NPI combo for payment.
Title: Re: Tax ID
Post by: rdmoore2003 on August 19, 2011, 11:25:07 AM
this is exactly how we do works..