Author Topic: filing claim myself for Drug Relapse Prevention Treatment  (Read 1634 times)


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
filing claim myself for Drug Relapse Prevention Treatment
« on: May 28, 2008, 08:38:11 AM »
I am trying to file my own insurance claim since the provider is not cooperating in helping me.
My daughter was in a residential drug treatment facility. We paid for 1 month treatment up front and out of pocket. 9 days later she was readmitted and we paid for 3 months up front out of pocket. Now I'm trying to file these claims with UBH and they insist on a UB92. I have no idea what revenue codes or type of information is needed for the charges for "Intensive Relapse Prevention Treatment including structured living component". Can you help me?
Thanks so very much!


  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4946
    • Solutions Medical Billing
Re: filing claim myself for Drug Relapse Prevention Treatment
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 08:51:52 PM »
Hi Valerie,
   I really sympathize with you.  I can't believe the number of people just like you that contact us.  It is amazing to me that these places do this.  You have insurance that will pay but they will not do anything to help you get reimbursed. 

   Anyway, it is a UB04, not a UB92.  The UB04's replaced the UB92's on May 23, 2007.  When you spoke with UBH did you explain to them that the facility refuses to complete the UB04 for you?  It doesn't seem fair that they can require it from you.  There is no way an individual can complete a UB04 form.    I would start with UHB and ask for a supervisor.  Tell them that the provider will give you a statement of charges, but they will not and are not capable of completing a UB04 form. 

    If you don't get anywhere doing that, let us know.  But that is where you should start.

Good luck!

Sign Up for our FREE Medical Billing Newsletter
Get a 10% discount on Medical Billing Products by using Coupon Code: 10OFF