Author Topic: CAQH  (Read 1349 times)


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 8
« on: July 13, 2008, 01:18:54 PM »
We are almost ready to open the alcohol treatment center. We are just waiting on the final part of our licensing to go through. Does the center itself need to fill out the CAQH form to get on insurances? We will only be billing one code for the room and board portion of the treatment. All therapists and Drs are subcontracted and will be doing their own billing. As I look at the CAQH registration process it does not seem to apply. We want to be contracted with many insurances but Medicare and Medicaid are not among them. Where do I need to start? Thank you! Jeannie


  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4946
    • Solutions Medical Billing
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 12:35:35 PM »
   Congratulations and best wishes on the opening!  You are correct, CAQH does not apply to the facility itself.  It is for individual health care providers.  What you need to do is contact each insurance carrier that you wish to PAR with and advise them that you are opening up and you would like to join their network.  They will let you know what they need from you to get the process started.

Good luck
Sign Up for our FREE Medical Billing Newsletter
Get a 10% discount on Medical Billing Products by using Coupon Code: 10OFF