Author Topic: Rev Codes for RTC  (Read 2115 times)


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
Rev Codes for RTC
« on: August 18, 2008, 11:30:22 AM »
We are a non state Residential Treatment Center.  I usually bill with the 0100 all inclusive rev code.  I was told by BC/BS that it should be a 1001 or 1002.  What is that and what is the difference?


  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4945
    • Solutions Medical Billing
Re: Rev Codes for RTC
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 12:08:07 PM »
I am not familiar with the 1001 or the 1002 rev codes.  My first thought is that it is  a BCBS thing.  I did a little research and I found that:

1001 means Residential Treatment, Psychiatric
1002 means Residential Treatment, SA Disorders

If BC is telling you thats what they want I would use the appropriate one for your service with BC only, and continue what you are doing with the other carriers if they are not complaining.

Hope that helps.
Sign Up for our FREE Medical Billing Newsletter
Get a 10% discount on Medical Billing Products by using Coupon Code: 10OFF