Author Topic: billing with correct tax id  (Read 1160 times)


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
billing with correct tax id
« on: January 28, 2010, 12:13:56 AM »

The doctor i do billing for is a sole proprietor.  He has independent contracted doctors working for him part-time.  We have been billing their services using his tax id.  Is this correct?   If not, what itax id number should we be using to bill for independent contracting doctors working for us. I have just been informed that this is not the proper way.  Only if they are employees can we use his tax id. 

Looking forward to your responses!


  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4946
    • Solutions Medical Billing
Re: billing with correct tax id
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 07:17:51 AM »
Well, the term 'independent contractor' would indicate to me that they would be probably responsible for billing for their own services, but it really depends on how the relationship was set up between your dr and these independent drs in the beginning.  That should have been all spelled out.  I don't have enough info on the relationship to really help.

Sign Up for our FREE Medical Billing Newsletter
Get a 10% discount on Medical Billing Products by using Coupon Code: 10OFF