Author Topic: UH Settlement  (Read 1466 times)


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 227
UH Settlement
« on: September 28, 2010, 02:12:14 PM »
One week left: Act now on $350 million UnitedHealth settlement.

If you provided covered out-of-network services or supplies to a patient in a health plan insured or administered by UnitedHealth or its subsidiaries sometime between March 15, 1994, and Nov. 18, 2009, and have billed for those services, you are entitled to your share of the settlement fund. But you must act now.

Request a report from the claims settlement administrator, which lists covered out-of-network services provided by you during a portion of the period covered by the settlement, as recorded by UnitedHealth. Physicians can request this report by mail or e-mail, or via the online request form; requests must be received by the claims settlement administrator no later than Oct. 5.

As long as your request for the report is received by Oct. 5, you will have additional time beyond that to complete the preparation and submission of the required proof of claim form related to the services included on the report, including documentation needed to support your claim. Be sure to:

--Keep a copy of your request for a claims report.
--Include your assigned initial claim number when submitting your completed claim form.

The AMA offers three ways to help you determine your eligibility, assemble documentation and file a claim under the settlement:

1.  Visit to access a variety of online resources, including the AMA's step-by-step claims filing guide, frequently asked questions document and detailed information regarding the settlement and the settlement claims administrator.
2.  AMA members can get personal assistance from the AMA's Practice Management Center by calling (800) 621-8335.
3.  AMA members can receive a discounted rate on a claims submission service by filing through the Managed Care Advisory Group.
Michael A. Reynolds, CPC, CCP-P, CPMB, OS
Project Manager
Corporate Compliance
Sharp HealthCare