Author Topic: Reference lab under hospital  (Read 1116 times)


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
Reference lab under hospital
« on: March 06, 2011, 04:56:47 PM »
I work in a ref lab under hospital npi/tax id.  Do you have to use different TOB if employee draws blood  at reference lab/clinic's verses blood drawn in a Dr's off. We use the ub04 and 837I.


  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4949
    • Solutions Medical Billing
Re: Reference lab under hospital
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 07:37:14 AM »
If the billing is done under the hospital info then you would use the same TOB as the hospital.  However, with that being said, each carrier may have their own requirements.   ;D

Sign Up for our FREE Medical Billing Newsletter
Get a 10% discount on Medical Billing Products by using Coupon Code: 10OFF