Author Topic: ASC Billing  (Read 2408 times)


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
ASC Billing
« on: August 28, 2011, 09:47:11 PM »
I am a biller in a plastic surgery practice, and my doctors just opened an ASC.  I have never done facility billing, and am looking for resources to learn how to do this.  Can anyone recommend a guide or another resource to teach myself?  I know that it is a UB04 instead of a HCFA 1500, but I do not know anything else.  Is there a global way to bill, by CPT code?  Or do you itemize everything?

Thanks in advance for any help.


  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4946
    • Solutions Medical Billing
Re: ASC Billing
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 07:31:52 AM »
You are right, the facility portion is done on a UB04.  We had a similar situation arise several years back where we suddenly found ourselves needing to be able to complete UB04's as well.  We ordered the only book we could find on completing UB04's (which were UB92's at the time).  The book was over $300 and very difficult to wade thru.  It was written as a guide for hospitals.  Anyway, we wrote a book on completing the UB04 and you can read about it at:

Also, we didn't want a new practice management system but our current one didn't allow for UB04's.  We got a UB04 fill and print to submit the claims, but track them in our PM system.  The fill and print we found was inexpensive (about $250) and has the ability to send electronically.  We submit the claims that way, then add them as a single line claim in our PM that is just "Billed Facility Charges" for tracking purposes.  The fill and print software allows us to store the claim so it can be recreated or resubmitted at any time as well.  You can see the fill and print we use at:

Scroll to the bottom and select "Speedy UB04" under "Speedy Software Solutions".

Sign Up for our FREE Medical Billing Newsletter
Get a 10% discount on Medical Billing Products by using Coupon Code: 10OFF