Author Topic: OON Substance Abuse  (Read 1747 times)


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
OON Substance Abuse
« on: June 15, 2015, 05:45:22 PM »

We just brought billing in-house and I have some questions about how to bill for OON substance abuse (bought the book and it didn't answer these):

1.  If we are a free-standing facility that provides sub-acute detox, RTC, PHP, and IOP, are we considered a "residential" treatment center or an "outpatient" one since our services fall under both camps?
2.  What bill type should we be using for these higher levels of care?
3.  What bill type should we be using for lesser ancillary charges like therapy, case management, psych assessment etc?
4.  What bill type should we be using for labs like UA and breathalyzers?
5.  Has anyone had trouble with 80300/300 for UA?
6.  Has anyone figured out how to get Viant (3PP) to price at higher than like 40 or 50% of billed charges?

This stuff is maddening sometimes...any help is appreciated!!

Thank you!

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 17
Re: OON Substance Abuse
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 12:42:29 PM »
How is Viant repricing your billed charges?  Do you have a contract with Viant?  If not, they cannot legally reprice your billed charges.

Kevin B.