Author Topic: Sober Living/Drug Rehab Billing  (Read 1983 times)


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
Sober Living/Drug Rehab Billing
« on: May 11, 2016, 09:35:43 PM »
Does anyone have experience with billing for Sober Living and/or Drug Rehab facilities in CA?  Is it the same as Facility billing via the UB04?


  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4949
    • Solutions Medical Billing
Re: Sober Living/Drug Rehab Billing
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 09:07:11 AM »
We have billed for Alcohol Rehab in CA.   Yes it is facility billing on the UB04.

Sign Up for our FREE Medical Billing Newsletter
Get a 10% discount on Medical Billing Products by using Coupon Code: 10OFF


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 8
Re: Sober Living/Drug Rehab Billing
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 09:52:28 AM »
Facility billing will be on a UB04. Use H codes. The facility will be the billing facility and rendering provider. You can put the clinical director/medical supervisor in the supervising physician section, but you don't have to.

If you are billing physician or professional fees separate, use 9 codes or h codes but put them on a HCFA. For example, if your billing a doctors medical assessment separate of the facility, use an EM code on a HCFA. Any LISAC billing goes on a HCFA.