Warning: filesize(): stat failed for /home/content/35/2877535/html/members/cache/data_023cc3f77d3098ff3a8bbef4012b2f12-SMF-modSettings.php in /home/content/35/2877535/html/members/Sources/Load.php on line 2748
Replacement for CPT 99231

Author Topic: Replacement for CPT 99231  (Read 942 times)


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
Replacement for CPT 99231
« on: December 07, 2016, 09:55:06 AM »
Good Morning All,
I have a coding question....I have a Psychiatrist for a client who use to work in a hospital seeing DCFS patient and billing 99231. He no longer is at the hospital and is still seeing DCFS at the clinic he is working in. Would he be able to use E/M CPT codes to replace the 99231 hospital code? Thanks!!
Tonya 8)


  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4832
    • Solutions Medical Billing
Re: Replacement for CPT 99231
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 08:29:53 PM »
Yes if the clinic is considered an office.

Sign Up for our FREE Medical Billing Newsletter
Get a 10% discount on Medical Billing Products by using Coupon Code: 10OFF