Billing > Billing

Locum tenen question


Alice Scott:
I am confused on billing for a CRNA who is acting as a locum tenens re:  modifiers and whose NPI number to use on claim.  Please help.

   If you are billing for a CRNA who is a locum you would bill with the CRNAís individual NPI in box 24J and use the groupís NPI number in boxes 32a & 33a so that payment is made to the group.  (The CRNA must be credentialed with all insurance carriers under the group info.)  As far as modifiers, Iím not sure what you are asking.  Are you asking what modifier you should use to indicate they are a locum?  You can use the Q6 modifier which indicates the Service furnished by a locum tenens physician.
Hope that helps!


[0] Message Index

Go to full version