Author Topic: What address should go in box 32 for nursing home visit for psychologist?  (Read 3314 times)


  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5927
    • Solutions Medical Billing
I work for a psychologist who is seeing patients in a nursing home.  The patients are residents not in patients.  What address should go in box 32?  What place of service code should I use?  Thanks!

Hi Lisa,
The address of the nursing facility should go in box 32, because box 32 is asking for the physical location of where the services were rendered. Even though it says ‘if other than home or office” it should still be the facility address. The facility is their home, but it is not a home, it is a facility. (ß if that makes sense!) The place of service code is 32 for a skilled nursing facility or 33 for a custodial care facility.
Hope this helps.
Sign Up for our FREE Medical Billing Newsletter
Get a 10% discount on Medical Billing Products by using Coupon Code: 10OFF

Medical Billing Forum