Author Topic: Practice Managment  (Read 2366 times)


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 12
Practice Managment
« on: June 15, 2009, 04:32:42 AM »
This may seem like a rookie question, but from what I have been reading the only way to be competitive in the medical billing business is to offer full practice management. If someone could specify exactly what that means that would be great. For example: what are all the services required to be considered offering full practice management. Thanks for any input.   


  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4562
    • One Stop Resources & Networking for Medical Billers
Re: Practice Managment
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 09:28:51 AM »
Practice Management consists of some or all of these:

Benefits/Eligibility Verification
Billing - Primary, Secondary, Tertiary
Payment posting
Patient Statements
Patient (soft collections)
Accounts Payable
Monthly reporting

Then there are other services one could add to be competitive such as appointment reminders, birthday cards,

I'm sure there are some that are missed.

Linda Walker
Practice Managers Resource & Networking Community
One Stop Resources, Education and Networking for Medical Billers


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 12
Re: Practice Managment
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 05:59:06 AM »
Thanks for your help! I also have another question hopefully someone can help me with. I have a couple "semi-successful" businesses and my wife has been working at a medical billing office for over three years and asked if we could start our own. She's pretty confident she could run her own and she does not like working so hard for someone else. The question I have is what kind of licensing is required to run a medical billing business if any. She is a certified in billing and coding, I know being certified is not required, but I'm sure it wont hurt. Is there any other licensing or certifications required to qualify as a legitimate medical billing business. Thanks for any help.


  • Guest
Re: Practice Managment
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 11:47:34 AM »
Check with your local government regarding the required license. I had to obtain a HOP (housing Occupational Permit) and my NC license to operate a medical billing service out of my home. Each state may require something different